Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The Start of Something New

It would be a gross understatement for me to say that all things are working together for good in my life. Things are going very, very wonderfully.

At the end of my workday, I received a phone call about a small meeting at the church. The meeting's purpose was to talk about the plan for an upcoming venture for the college/young singles ministry to get more active in regards to reaching out to the students at the UMW campus. I had heard some words here and there, kicking around about such a thing happening, but it was not until tonight, when I had finally met with the other members of the group of leaders for this, that the excitement that I have been lacking for so long about serving the Lord had returned in full force. My role in this (which should be no great surprise to those who know me well, or who have in the past) will be to lead the music.

Don't get me wrong, I was very excited when I was given the opportunity to lead music two weeks ago and forward for "Threads", but it this new effort will be a more challenging as well as a strategic effort that will demand much more of me than I have given in a long time. I also will have the opportunity to work in a group of 4 people who will be commited to this effort in different ways, and I am already seeing that we may in fact have a perfect mix of sensibilities and talents that will make all of this possible.

Another thing that gets me excited about this whole ordeal is that I am not doing the music alone, as I have done for my last couple of "gigs" in the church, but instead I will have help in the assembling of a band (which I very so desperately need, rallying volunteers is not my strongsuit) to lead the music alongside of myself. I don't think I have had such an arrangement since I was leading the praise band for the high school kids with the help of the immense talents of Jonathan Satterwhite and Aaron and Jesse Stone.

Well it seems like the whirlyness of the dryer is nigh on coming to a halt, which will allow me to pack a few days' changes of clothes for my business related trek up to Newark, NJ (sorry if anyone who is reading this is from there, but I am not very fond of the place). I will be back by Friday evening if all goes well.
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments: